Within two weeks of schools reopening across Leicester and Leicestershire, a number have reported positive cases of coronavirus amongst staff and pupils.
This means hundreds of pupils are facing a further fortnight away from the classroom across both county and city schools.
The full list of schools confirmed to Leicestershire Updates so far include:
- Lancaster Academy in Leicester has confirmed a Year 10 pupil has tested positive for coronavirus. It said 19 students who had been within two metres of the student for more than 15 minutes have been told to stay at home for 14 days.
- Gartree High School in Oadby has confirmed a positive case of coronavirus in its Year 8 bubble. Children in Year 8 have been asked to self-isolate for 14 days.
- Humberstone Junior Academy has also confirmed a positive test for one of its pupils. The school remains open.
- All Saints Church of England Primary School in Sapcote has confirmed a pupil has tested positive for coronavirus. The school trust has said it has “followed government guidance and taken all of the necessary precautions to prevent the spread of the virus”.
- Bosworth Academy in Desford has comfirmed a pupil has tested positive for coronavirus. The Head teacher said in a letter the pupil had not caught it from anyone at school and it would remain open.
- Medway Primary School in Highfields has confirmed a pupil in Year 5 has tested positive.
- Beauchamp College in Oadby has confirmed a pupil has tested positive for coronavirus. Students in Year 10 have been told not to return to class for two weeks.
- The Winstanley School in Braunstone Town has confirmed a student has tested positive, although they did not have symptoms whilst in school. The school remains open and providing children remain well, they can continue to attend school as normal
- Overdale Primary School in Leicester has confirmed a child tested positive for the virus. The school is closed to Year 1 pupils only.
- Castle Rock High School has confirmed a staff member had tested positive for the virus.
- Brookvale Groby has confirmed a staff member has tested positive and three staff members have been asked to self-isolate.
- Blackfordby Primary School in Swadlincote was closed yesterday to allow for a deep clean after a pupil tested positive for the virus over the weekend.
To keep up with all the latest news, please like our Facebook Page or join our Leicestershire Breaking News group.